This is the system of classification for super-powered beings on this wiki. It is of the utmost importance, and may only be edited by the administrators in charge of the project.
The Beings Themselves
Super powered individuals can be as different as water compared to a laser, and they come physically and mentally in many different shapes and sizes.
Mutants can be divided into 2 general categories: Those born with the power (Naturals) and those who came upon them a separate way (Mutations). For example, Jean Gray from X Men would be a natural, but Spiderman would not because he was bitten by a radioactive spider, he wasn't born shooting webs around.
Anthropomorphic beings, as in animals/other non-sentient creatures that have been bestowed powers and sentience from an outside source, are specifically special. They started off as regular beasts, but some sort of event caused their change.
Inter-dimensional beings are usually of an entirely different set of rules then other types of powered beings. As they are not from this dimension, their very presence here tips the balance of good and evil in a very awry manner. Their intentions are normally for themselves to return home, but some use malicious means to facilitate their departure. Their powers can very greatly, but so far none have been seen beneath Level 5 status.
Mythical beasts, such as vampires, Were's (most commonly were-wolves), and other races of that type can usually only be affected by magical means, but most of that is common folklore. If you shot a were-wolf in the face, it would be very unrealistic if it stood back up and kept fighting.
Ghosts and paranormal creatures are difficult to categorize correctly, let it simply be known that yes, they exist, and that it is extremely difficult to fight them.
Mutants usually gain their abilities through a number of different sources, however all of these sources can be divided into four different categories: Mind, Body, Spirit, and Artifact.
- Powers utilized by the being's mind are usually obtained at birth, and are usually abilities such as: Mind reading, telekinesis, pyrokinesis, electrokinesis, ext.
Notable Mental Abilities
- Pyrokinesis - Control of heat (Fire, Magma, Combustion, Thermal Energy, etcetera)
- Telekinesis - Controlling things with your mind (Picking up objects without touching them physically, levitating yourself, etcetera)
- Aquakinesis - Control of Water (Liquid, Solid, Gas, etcetera)
- Terrakinesis - Control of Earth (Rock, sand, dirt, volcanic ash, etcetera)
- Ferrokinesis - Control of Metal (Anything in the metal family, be it a natural element or artificially made)
- Aerokinesis - Control of Air (Wind, Tornadoes, etcetera)
- Telepathy - Mind reading.
- Electrokinesis - Control of electricity (Electric currents, production of electricity without a source, etcetera)
- Intangibility - Being able to completely separate the user's cells so that they can all pass freely through another form of matter.
- Powers that are gained from genetic mutation (I.e: Bitten by a radioactive spider, or falling into a vat of toxic waste), can be classified as body types. In general, however, most beings with physical powers are born with them or they develop later in life, such as during puberty.
Notably Physical Abilities
- Super Strength
- Super Speed
- Rock-hard Skin
- Healing Factor's
- Spirit powers can be unlocked at birth, or gained over time through extensive training, and are easily obtainable by normal humans without the risk of horrible mutation or disfigurement.
Notable Spiritual Abilities
- Energy Manipulation
- "Mutants" can also gain abilities through ancient objects such as enchanted rings, or cursed amulets.
(Note: Some mutants can have more then one type of power source. Also, some powers, such as intangibility and invisibility can be performed in many differing ways.)
Beings can also be divided into different levels of power, and can depend on how strong, or unique, their abilities are.
- Level 0 classification has beings with useless, or minimal abilities. Such as having a third arm growing out of their chests, or being able to talk to rocks.
- Level 1 beings are a bit more powerful then Level 0, although they are still particularly weak compared to the higher levels. Level 1 mutants usually have extra-sensory abilities, or low level "Super Abilities" (Super Strength, Super Speed, Flight, ext.) They commonly gain more elite physical abilities all around, with control over a minor power as well.
- Level two beings usually having abilities such as Super Strength, diamond-hard skin, or heat vision (Think X-Men-in-training). About 75% of the Mutant population belong to this class, and they are generally assumed to be Class-I's that have developed their powers to a certain point.
- Mostly comprised of Telepaths, Shape-Shifters, and those wielding Magic, Class-III's understand that which they have been gifted with, and are most commonly amateur heroes or sly villains.
- Level 4 beings are some of the most unique beings, with a wider variety of powers. These are the kinds of people that stories are written about, however, they are demigods in comparison to the higher classes.
- Their powers and fighting abilities are second only to the Level 6 (Transcendence) class, these fellows are seasoned veterans of their abilities, capable of using them without even needing to concentrate. They can commonly be found in the services of Class-VI mutants, and tend to be the greatest of the heroes or the baddest of the villains. However, a sizable amount of the Class-V population remains locked in an equilibrium between self-service and self-sacrifice.
Level 6 (Transcendence)
- Only a few beings (on this wiki) are classified under this level, and their powers are that of being able to control multiple aspects of reality: Baracuss the Dark and Amalgam are the most prominent of them, and thus have been chosen as an example. Amalgam is the leader of the Alliance, whilst Baracuss is a Shade with intentions of his own.