Captain Cosmic, also known as "Molecular Man", is a fictional character created by Bobby Jones-Bussing and Gage Evans. He is the leader of the Galactic Enforcers, and a charismatic superhero.
Captain Cosmic's real name is Richard Blake. He was a worker in a chemical factory before he got his unique powers. One day, as he was cleaning one of the chemical tanks, a nearby electrical panel blew a fuse and sparked several explosive canisters, causing them to explode. Richard managed to get away from the blast, but as he was running across the overhead walkway, Richard was knocked off by a powerful radial explosion into one of the chemical vats. Richard, who was badly injured in the accident, was found crawling out of the rubble and immediately transported to the hospital. He had second degree burns on most of his body, and could barely see due to the chemicals he fell in. The doctor informed Richard he was lucky to be alive, and that he was going to stay there for another three months, until the burns were healed enough.
After a long three months in the hospital, Richard was released and taken to his home. Wondering how and why he survived, he started studying the human body, and how molecules can not kill a human's immune system and other major organs. He then discovered that most likely an individual who had close contact with dangerous chemicals or molecules are most likely to get cancer. Richard regretted ever working there that day. Several days later, he went to the hospital to for cancer diagnosis, and the information he read was indeed right, he did have cancer. Disappointed and angry, Richard stormed out breathing heavily, and sweating. He then noticed his skin was starting to change, it became numb and changed to a sickly green. Wondering what is happening to him, Richard went to go back inside the hospital, but he stopped and the door was starting to turn into dust! It was going into him, Richard's skin was starting to turn back to it's normal color again, and his burn marks had suddenly disappeared.
- Can absorb matter and use it for healing, or to become more powerful.
- Superhuman Strength and Endurance.
- Specialist in different chemicals.
- Self-trained fighter.
- If powerful enough, can use his molecular powers to disentegrate objects or humans (if necessary).
- Hands-Free Communicator.
- Special costume designed to be immune to his molecular fields and matter absorption capabilities.
- If he uses to much of his power, he will become weak.
Weaknesses gained later in lifeEdit
- Everytime he uses his powers, his cancer spreads. (Revealed after being caught in a nuclear explosion caused by Baron Ruthless)
Captain Cosmic is a Class 5 (Body, Spirit), with his matter absorption powers, and superhuman strength, as well as flight, he is considered to be "up for anything" in battle.
- People who fall into vats of chemicals is a stereotypical trend used in the creation of superheroes or supervillains. This, being a nod to that trend.
- The cause of the factory explosion was faulty wiring, brought on by an intentional disturbance. The suspect behind it has never been found.
- The reason why Captain Cosmic didn't die when he was caught in the nuclear blast was due to his molecules already being radiated from the accident he sustained a long while back, making him virtually immune to any radiation or molecular sickness