- "Today, we lost a great hero, a great friend and a great comrade. It is saddening that another one of our nation's heroes has gone, but let us not forget the good deeds he did to keep the peace, along with his teammates. Let us also remember that we don't have much time left either, but we can't quit until our goal is accomplished : protecting the world from any dangers that it may face.
- —Captain Cosmic, giving his speech during Dust Devil's memorial service.
|Real Name:||Elliot Johnson|
|Known Aliases:||"Spinning Hero", "Sand Fodder"|
|Hair Colour:||Light Brown|
|Place of Birth:||Confidential|
|Date of Birth:||Confidential|
|Current Residence:||Manhattan, New York|
|Affiliation:||Galactic Enforcers, Legion of Vigilance (Formerly)|
|Can spin around so fast he can cause a small "dust devil", superhuman speed and stength powered by his suit, minimal flight capabilities.|
|Training / Abilities|
|Metal suit that gives him superpowered benefits.|
|Died in 2012.|
Dust Devil is a fictional character created by Bobby Jones-Bussing. He was a loyal member of the Galactic Enforcers and an honorary superhero. He was presumed deceased in 2012 and has been mourned by many superheroes, including Incredi-Man, Blur and Captain Cosmic.
Dust Devil's real name is Elliot Johnson. As a child, Elliot witnessed a terrible car accident. He noticed that a fire was about to blow up one of the cars, and he started to spin around very fast, so much so that he became a small whirlwind and snuffed the flame before anyone could get killed. His parents watched in confusion as Elliot looked at the people escaping from the car wreck. Elliot's parents avoided him the rest of his childhood, and never wanted anything to do with him anymore. Elliot went to college and studied mechanics, and thought that his newfound powers could help other people like they did back when he saved those citizens from the car accident, so he built a metal suit, which amplified his powers, making him more powerful, and he went by an alias...Dust Devil.
His reputation grew more as he stopped crime and saved lives. One day, he was approached by Neutron, one of the members of the Legion of Vigilance. Neutron wanted Dust Devil to join their ranks and make a "true" stand against crime. Elliot gladly agreed, and fought alongside the Legion for several years, until he resigned and later joined the Galactic Enforcers.
During a mission in Egypt to rescue Seraph from an ancient scarab god, Dust Devil was hit by a small holy star that was siphoned from Seraph's powers, which severely crippled his suit and caused major internal damage to his body. Dust Devil remained alive for 4 minutes, until he succumbed to the injury. Seraph was rescued, and the heroes returned to New York to give Elliot a proper burial. Many mourned his demise, even some heroes from the Legion of Vigilance attended the funeral.
- Can spin around so fast he causes a small whirlwind or "dust devil", as he is called.
- Superhuman Speed and Strength powered by his suit.
- Minimal flight capabilities.
- Trained boxer.
- Metal suit that gives him superhuman benefits.
Dust Devil was a Class 2 (Body, Spirit, Artifact), with his superhuman strength and speed abilities, as well as his boxer training, Dust Devil was a skilled warrior in the battlefield.