UMFE Energy Sabers are designed after ancient swords, modified to look proper to the current times, and given a special Plasma battery that ignites the blade in flaming hot plasma energy. It is one of the only Melee Weapons the UMFE Possess, and many have fallen into the hands of The Sovereign Peoples of Planet Wargod. There are four plasma battery variants for the differences in user combat but, each variant can only ignite the blade for three minutes at a time before the built in fail safe deactivates the battery. Without the fail safe, the plasma with become too unstable and burn away the specialized magnetic field around the blade, causing harm to the user and anything around them.
There are many different Saber designs, but these different appearances only effect combat slightly.
- Jian Style: In older times, the Jian swords were double-edge strait swords used by Chinese Military, and could vary from 45 to 80 centimeters (17.7 to 31.5 inches) in length.
- Katana Style: The Katana swords, aka "Samurai Swords", had single-edged, moderately curved, blades, and were usually longer then 60 cm (23.6 inches).
- Gladius Style: The Gladius was used by the Roman Empire and Roman Republic in ancient times, and was 64 to 81 cm (25.2 to 31.9 inches) long.
- Longsword Style: The Longsword was a type of European sword used during the late medieval period, and was 1 to 1.2 meters (40 to 48 inches) in length.
- Cutlass Style: A cutlass was a short, broad saber or slashing sword, with a straight or slightly curved blade sharpened on the cutting edge, and a hilt often featuring a solid cupped or basket shaped guard. It was around 2.3 Feet (27 inches) in length.
Plasma Battery VariantsEdit
- Red Plasma Batteries are the heaviest of the different variants, giving the user a harder, but slower, swinging speed. The red plasma is much hotter then its other counterparts, and can easily cut through reflector plating.
- Green Plasma Batteries emit a much more stable stream of plasma, but have less cutting power then the red energy. The batteries don't weight the sword down as much however, and gives the user faster swings.
- Blue Plasma Batteries is the power source of choice for most Energy Saber users, as it is the lightest battery class, and gives the user greater swinging speed then the red and green classes. Its plasma heat isn't great enough to slice through deflector plating, but more then enough to cut through Combat Armor.
- Black-Fire Sabers use a specialized version of the normal Blue Plasma Batteries that are powered by Ichor Crystals. The batteries emit a strange, black-colored energy with an eerie glowing red outline. These types of blades are both light and extremely powerful, but can only stay ignited for a minute before the blade's fail safe kicks in. Black-Fire Sabers are only authorized to UMFE Special Unit Forces.